Clone Your Own Cuttings Kit
|Easy instructions and everything you need to make your own cuttings.|
How to Clone from Cuttings
Download the "How To Clone" brochure here.
- Flush 40x40mm CultileneÂ® rockwool in luke warm water. For best results always use filtered or rain water.
- Using shears, take 10-15cm long cutting with 3-4 leaves. Stems should be approximately pencil thickness.
- Generally the best clones are from firm stems higher up the parent plant, these have highest growth hormones (auxins).
- Cut the parent plant no more than 30%. From now on use a scalpel and flame sterilize every 10 cuts.
- Important steps 5-7. Cut quickly and put the entire cutting in a bucket of pH 5.8-6.5 lukewarm water. Leave soaking for 30 minutes.
- Underwater, trim off 2 bottom leaves (1 is okay), flush with the stem. This node is where the roots grow from in the Cultilene® rockwool cube. Scratch 2cm off the stem to promote rooting.
- Final base cut must be taken underwater to stop air embolism (bubbles). Cut at base of stem at 45°, 1cm under the node.
- Soak Cultilene® rockwool cubes in DutchMaster Gold APS Cutting Nutrient and Spray.
- Dip the cuttings into DutchMaster Clone Fast Replicator.
- Locate small hole in moist Cultilene® rockwool cube and push in clone. Make small hole larger if necessary.
- Spray on Ag-Grow Grow® as per instructions on the bottle.
- Put your Cultilene® rockwool cube on base/drain tray and under clear lid at 75% humidity. Leave the vents open. Place in shaded sunlight, avoiding excessive heat. We recommend compact florescent lighting, favouring the growth spectrum.
- Ideal root temperature is 25°C, use a heat pad if required. Foliage temperature should be between 20-22°C. Ventilate accordingly.
- Cultilene® rockwool cube mustn't sit in water or roots will rot!
- As Cultilene® rockwool cube dries out, re-water with 1/4 strength Ag-Grow Grow® nutrient solution at pH5.8-6.5. Make a nutrient bath and dunk cube in water, until all stale air is expelled and roots are replensihed with fresh oxygen.
- Healthy roots appear thick, white and hairy in 4-6 days. The best plants will be from these.
- When roots appear at bottom of CultileneÂ® rockwool cube, plant the clone into your hydroponic media such as perlite, perlite/vermiculite, coco peat or Cultilene® rockwool slab. Water with Ag-Grow GrowÂ® nutrient solution at 1/2 to full strength or a good quality hydroponic nutrient of your choice.