HPS GE LucaLox PSL 600 Watt (Digital ready)
|Simple light or lumen maintenance is not enough to create plant growth. The Lucalox™ Photo Synthesis Light Lamp has been specially developed to provide stable lumen maintenance and increases Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR).|
Plants require a certain radiation level to help with photosynthesis. Measured in micromole/sec, the increased PAR output of the Lucalox™ PSL lamp best simulates natural daylight to maintain plant growth under artificial lighting conditions.
Performance and reliability
- GE’s advanced sodium resistant ceramic helps eliminate early failures to give a rated service life of 10,000 to 12,000 hours for LucaloxTM PSL products.
- In order to achieve maximum performance, GE recommends lamp replacement when the Rated Service Life is reached.
- The lamps use extra rugged monolithic arc tubes equipped with GE Reliable Starting Technology which provides continuous high performance.
Photosynthetically Active Radiation to extend daylight
The effect of optical radiation on plants has been studied extensively. Generally, photons emitted in the spectral region of 400-700nm are particularly effective. Therefore the simple measurement of the quantity of light (Lux) is not sufficient for the horticultural market. Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR) and Photosynthetic Photon Flux (PPF) are more useful measurements.
PPF is defined as flux of the photons emitted in the 400-700nm wavelength range by the light source. It is expressed in micromoles/second (μmol/s), where 1 micromole means 6x1017 photons.
The LucaloxTM PSL range from GE has optimised spectra for greenhouse use, with an enhanced red portion of the light output.
- Plants can be used over a longer period
- In winter, fruit can be produced with taste to match summer fruit
- Production can start earlier
- Year-round cultivation is possible
High xenon-fill gas
- Extra light and PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) output.
- More resistance to mains voltage fluctuations.
- Zirconium gettering system
- Improves PAR maintenance that drives constant and uniform plant growth.
- The diameter of the frame wire in the lamp has been minimised to reduce shading in the installation without affecting the robustness of the lamp.
- Monolithic arc tube construction for durability and lumen maintenance.