FloraMax Silica 1L
|Hydroponic plants are often susceptible to leaf wilt and bud rot especially when exposed to heat from HID lamps. Silica helps prevent limp or weak growth.|
For preventing limp growth and fruit rot Fast growing plants are often susceptible to leaf wilt and fruit rot especially when exposed to heat from HID lamps. FloraMax Silica produces unique benefits: • Improves the rigidity of stems and leaves • Prevents leaf wilt during extreme heat • Increases weight and shelf-life of fruit
• FloraMax Silica is readily absorbed by plants. • Dosage 1ml/L
It is essential that silica (SiO2) is applied as an additive. Silica cannot be included in concentrated nutrient formulations at meaningful levels. This is because stable silica solutions are by nature highly alkaline.
Silica must be used throughout both vegetative and flowering phases. Electron microscopy and x-ray analysis both confirm that existing silica within the plant is not mobile and cannot benefit new growth. To benefit new growth therefore, silica must be present at all times in the nutrient solution.
Various research projects have shown that the presence of silica in plant tissue produces several beneficial side effects:
1. Silica produces healthier and stronger plant growth. When silica is taken up by the roots, it is deposited in the cell walls of the plant as a solid, rigid ‘quartz-like’ matrix. This produces a ‘mechanically’ stronger plant which enables superior leaf orientation and therefore greater rates of photosynthesis and growth.
2. Increases the weight and shelf-life of fruit due to the physical accumulation of silica in plant cells.
3. Increases plant tolerance to heat stress or “wilting”.
4. Increases resistance to fungal diseases, particularly mildews and botrytis. It resists fungal ingress by accumulating around the points of fungal attack.
5. Improves the healing rate and neatness of pruning wounds. This property is especially beneficial in commercial cropping of plants such as tomato and cucumber. Regular pruning of these species threatens the plant’s survival due to the risk of disease penetration through the site of the pruning wound.
6. Increases a plant’s tolerance to nuisance chemicals such as sodium and chloride.
Article courtesy of FLORAMAX fro more information please go to www.floramax.com
“We never grow without Silica. It gives us consistency all year round. Weight and potency are improved and are reliable from crop to crop” “The plants are much stronger... more resistant to diseases and rot... able to withstand the shock of higher growroom temperatures AND STILL DELIVER formidable results”
Download Product Brochure PDF