How to Grow From Seed
- Flush 40x40mm or 75x75mm Cultilene® rockwool cube in luke warm water. For best results always use filtered or rain water.
- For small seeds, locate small hole in 40x40mm Cultilene® rockwool cube. Push seed into moist cube (check seed packet for correct depth).
- For large seeds such as beans, peas, cucumber etc, use 75x75mm Cultilene® rockwool cube. Fill hole with perlite or fine expanded clay, and plant seed directly into media. Plant seed in correct upright position. If unsure, plant horizontally.
- Put your Cultilene® rockwool cube on base/drain tray and under clear lid at 75% humidity. Leave the vents open. Place in shaded sunlight, avoiding excessive heat. We recommend compact florescent lighting, favouring the growth spectrum.
- Cultilene® rockwool cube must not sit in water or roots will rot!
- Germination occurs in 2-7 days. Ideal seed temperature is 25°C.
- As Cultilene® rockwool cube dries out, re-water with ¼ strength Ag-Grow Grow® nutrient solution. Make a nutrient bath and dunk cube into solution, until all stale air is expelled and roots are replenished with fresh oxygen.
- When bottom roots appear, plant the seedling into your hydroponic media such as perlite, perlite/vermiculite, coco peat or Cultilene® rockwool slab. Water with Ag-Grow Grow® nutrient solution at ½ to full strength or a good quality hydroponic nutrient of your choice.